Update on March 22 Job Fair at Fabulous Fox Theatre

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quick update for those that did not get the chance to attend our job fair at the Fabulous Fox Theatre; it was great. For the vendors that were present you are very much appreciated and Thank You!


It was the kickoff for the AARP in collaboration with us, EmploymentGuide, and WiserWorkers.com. Along with the job fair were seminars on Branding Yourself and a Dress for Success Fashion Show on what to wear and what not to wear. With many different programs occurring at once, being the kickoff, everything went smoothly and with many more AARP collaborations to follow we are looking forward to better events and more attendees. AARP itself drove roughly 1200 seekers and around 1300 from EmploymentGuide…giving us a grand total of some 3000 jobseekers. Considering the weather conditions that presented itself in our spring…we deem the event a success.

As for me…What can I say? It was definitely a different experience for me. Why? Well, you probably figure that since you are reading this blog…I’ve attended job fairs. Yes, I have attended job fairs but on the other end of things, as a jobseeker. So I know how, you-the seeker, were feeling. I really hope for the 3000 jobseekers that attended that each of you got something useful out of it.

Preparing for the event was fun and required a lot of work. I give two thumbs up for those that take the time to pull together job fairs year after year. I did not realize the time and efforts involved. I have now been on the other side of the fence. I was present at the job fair. Did you stop by and see me at the Internet Café? The purpose of the whole café was to help those that needed help in searching the internet for jobs, register, upload resumes, and signing up for job alerts. It was pretty interesting. Once again, thank you for all of those that joined us.

If you have any suggestions on how we can make the next job fair, in collaboration with the AARP, or any of our job fairs a better event/environment for you…send me an email. I want to hear what you have to say…let me hear it.

Again, thank you to all of those that were present at the Fox Theatre-jobseekers, workers, helpers, vendors, media/press.

If you were not able to make it don’t fret because we are having the next job fair in Marietta at Dave & Buster’s May 4th. Followed by the August 3rd event with our very own Atlanta Dream women’s basketball team at the Philip’s Arena. We hope to see you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP